Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Speed Bump

We have hit a speed bump in our goals as veggies. Well, I have anyway. I made this yummy vegan red beans and rice about 6 weeks ago and never posted the recipe. Or picture. I plated it so well, with a really great background even. My Kitchen table served as the stage, with a fancy pitcher on one side and a glass of purple-grape-ish looking stuff in it on the other. The french doors were the backdrop and the yard was right there...oh it's so pretty. I WILL post it...eventually.

Anyhoo, money has become an issue in my eating ventures. So for now, I will eat what the rest of my family eats. With no remorse. I don't really care anyway. Well, that's not entirely true, because as soon as it was apparent that I couldn't afford the necessary foods I need to do this, I was really, really bummed. I miss it and am almost resentful of my bills and other expenses. I want to eat vegan for a year. I have proved that I can do it for 10 days, even one month. Why not a year. True, I have to read labels and have to be super careful when I go out to eat, but we can't afford that any more so what's the worry, right? Right?

So, we'll be able, some time in the future, to afford two grocery lists.

I hope it's sooner, rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment