Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Just the Facts, Ma'am.

Sometimes, when I eat meat, I really don't enjoy it anymore. Tragic, I know, but I think I'm doing myself a favor. The thing I worry most about being vegetarian in general is serving a meal to my parents. My dad is more willing, but my mother is all about "meat and potatoes every day". She has never cooked a steak or pork chop or boneless rib very well, so I don't know how she would take a completely meatless meal. Well, that's not entirely true. She'd hate it without saying a word and stop and get a burger on her way home. (I don't even know if she's ever had a proper burrito in her life, if at all). I gave them a gift certificate to the Bombay House in Provo UT, one year, and she hated it. (because it's not American, Mexican Italian or buffet).

I still feel terrific, and my allergies only flare up on days I eat meat. For instance: Saturday we took the kiddos out for lunch and I ate a roasted chicken burrito. My nose ran, eyes watered and I sneezed quite a bit at work. So I know it's working, and I know they are directly correlated.

I am still working out, but I feel like I want to start running again. Then my knees hurt for days. In jr. high, I would have been on the track team, but my doctor told me that I have Osgood Schlatters, so a pipe dream that became. I'll stick to my pilates and my Mitch Gaylord stuff that I have on DVD. It's good, and my kiddos will do it with me too. So every one wins.

No comments:

Post a Comment